As promised, here is a resource list related to our discussions during the Great Question! sermon series.. Our hope is that this helps if you wrestle with any of these questions, or want to be better equipped to reach others with the Gospel. The chosen videos are mostly short, simple, and easy to share with anyone who has internet access.
- Pastor Kevin mentioned cosmological arguments February 7th. Here’s a simple video that lays out the Kalam Cosmological argument.
- On Sunday the 14th, the “Fine Tuning Argument” was mentioned. Here is a short video that illustrates the basics of the argument.
- If you want a more in depth look, here is a video made in response to popular objections to the Fine Tuning Argument. (You can also find more videos on the topic from Dr. Luke Barnes who is a cosmologist and astrophysicist.)
- Just for fun, here are a couple more videos dealing with science and God. Video 1 Video 2
- Pastor Nate showed a clip on the 14th addressing Jesus mythicists, here is the full video. There are many more resources available to help friends or family who are skeptical about historical evidence for Jesus.
- If you face questions about the translation or transmission process and reliability of the Bible these short videos shine light on the topic. Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
- We spoke on the topic of how to live in a world with a vastly different sexual ethic than the Bible’s. Here are a couple videos to help the believer better love and engage our culture with the Gospel. Video 1 Video 2
We would love to share more videos, articles, and books if you find yourself in conversation on these topics or are wanting to do further research. God has blessed us with ample evidence of Himself and too often we are unaware that there are good answers to the doubts and questions we and others around us have. We want to equip you for the work of the ministry!
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. Romans 1:20