Off the Bench: How Families Can Be Champions – The Rulebook
These are the resources Pastor Kevin referred to in his sermon, The Rulebook, on August 16, 2020. This list goes in order of easiest to more advanced.
- RC Sproul, Christian Worldview Teaching Series
- Neil Shenvi on Critical Theory, on YouTube
- James Anderson, What’s Your Worldview?
- James Sire, The Universe Next Door, 6th edition
- Kevin Vanhoozer, Everyday Theology
- JP Moreland and William Lane Craig, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, 1st edition (there is a new 2nd edition but it’s $50)
- Worldview Questions List (see below)
And Answers for a Solid Biblical Worldview
- WHO MADE YOU?
- WHY DID GOD CREATE YOU AND EVERYTHING ELSE?
For God’s glory and for our good.
(Isaiah 43:7 || Psalm 16:11)
- ARE WE PEOPLE ALL GOOD OR ARE WE BAD, TOO? || WHY?
We were created good, but we’re bad, too,
…because we stop following God.
(Genesis 1:27, 31; Psalm 139:13-15 || Romans 3:10-18, 23)
- WHAT DID GOD DO TO HELP US? || WILL WE BE PUNISHED FOR BEING BAD? || DOES THIS HELP US TO BE BETTER?
God sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us,
…so we wouldn’t be punished for being bad,
…and so we can be more like God.
(Romans 6:23 || Ephesians 2:10)
- WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WHEN WE DIE? || WHAT GETS US TO HEAVEN?
We’ll live forever in hell or in heaven.
…if (depending on whether) we trust Jesus’ gift to help us.
(John 3:16-18; 5:24; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:15)
- HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT’S TRUE AND RIGHT?
God told us what’s true and right in the Bible.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- WHAT TOOL DID GOD GIVE US ALONG WITH THE BIBLE SO THAT WE CAN KNOW WHAT’S TRUE AND RIGHT IN EVERY SITUATION? || WHAT ABOUT WHEN OUR HEARTS TRY AND TRICK OUR MINDS?
God gave us brains to think carefully about His Word and His World.
….God also gave us His Spirit and His people to keep our minds from being tricked.
(Isaiah 1:18; Colossians 1:9; 2:8; Acts 17:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:21; Romans 12:2; Jeremiah 17:9; John 16:13; 1 Timothy 3:15; James 5:19-20)