Seven Biblical Reasons Why Singing Matters
(a summary of an article written by Tom Olson … for the full article, go to www.unlockingthebible.org)
- When we sing we obey … Colossians 3:16 “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and Hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord.
- When you sing, you dig deep roots in the word … Colossians 3:16 “let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.”
- When you sing you build one another … Ephesians 5:19 “Speaking to one another in Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.”
- When you sing you make war … Ephesians 5:16 “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”
- When you sing, you are spiritually strengthened for trials … Acts 16:25 “But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening.“
- When you sing, you walk a God-Designed pathway to joy… Psalm 5:11″But let all those rejoice who put their trust in you; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who Love Your name Be joyful in You.“
- When you sing, you Glorify God … Revelation 7:9-10 “After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all Nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!“
Bill Badal was born and raised in Baghdad, Iraq. He moved to the United States as a teenager. Bill is Pastor Emeritus at First Baptist.